Hello... I'm Gwin... I hope you enjoy. DFTBA!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

How am I Nerdy?

So, this blog is called "The Chronicles of A Nerdy Girl," isn't it? How am I nerdy? How do I prove to the likes of you that my blog is fit to be called "The Chronicles of A Nerdy Girl?" Well, I just might tell you. In fact, I will. We will separate this little deal into categories of things people might consider to be quintessentially "nerdy." First off,

MUSIC:
First and foremost, you people must understand that I bleed indie out of the yin-yang. I hadn't always been like this until recently, when I found my "calling" so to speak. (More on that later...) I've discovered that indie music is really the shiz. I mean, it's unknown, so you feel like you're sharing something with a very small group of people. That only you and these people will ever understand the majesty and pure good that is indie. Now, when I say indie, I'm more on the "girly" edge of it. Indie music that interests me is Neutral Milk Hotel, Kimya Dawson, Belle and Sebastian, and the like.
Second of all, I have a question: Is it sad that my top three favorite groups/singers are all from Youtube? These people would be Charlie McDonell, ALL CAPS, and Ministry of Magic. Like I said before, I only discovered the mysticalness of Youtube and it's power when my "calling" came. I have been glued to the computer by the hip since I have discovered these geniuses.

BOOKS:
I am a book nerd! I am a book nerd in the sense that I love knowing everything I can about the book I'm reading. You know, the inside story, the characters' stories, all of that. I have followed the seemingly "popular" teen books series. Harry Potter, (obviously) Twilight, (Which I realize is horrid now... thank you Nerimon for opening up my eyes.) and The Hunger Games. I am such a nerd on The Hunger Games that I have downloaded all of Mockingjay.net's podcasts, (look them up!) and I insist on reading The Hunger Games to my sister outloud so she can "truly experience" the feeling of the book. I know... nerd.
Also, my favorite author is John Green. The man is a genius, a magical writer. Although my friend still consistently argues with me that Douglas Adams is a much better writer... shame on him.

TELEVISION:
Doctor. Who. Is. The. Shiz. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

INTERNET/OTHER:
I love Yotube so, so, so, so much. As you probably might have guessed by now, my "calling" was the calling of the Vlogbrothers. A while ago, I had read "An Abundance of Katherines." Having not known the world that John Green was a part of, I didn't really think to buy his other books. But then there was Kaleb Nation. I found out about Kaleb Nation through The Twilight Guy, he led my to Robyn Schneider, and Robyn led me to Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I bought this book thinking it was going to be amazing. It was. Although, before I opened it, I found a napkin inside that read the following: "Do you know what DFTBA stands for? If not, go to www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers." So, like the little human I am, I became curious and looked it up, found the Vlogbrothers, and fell in love. I now watch many Nerdfighter Youtubers (Or Nerdtubers, as I affectionatly call them.) such as Wheezy Waiter,(Craig Benzine) Charlieissocoollike,(Charlie McDonell) Italktosnakes, (Kristina Horner) and Luke Conard. I love every bit of it. Knowing that I am a part of a community focused on the greater good, while being made of pure awesome, just makes me so happy every single day.
As for other, as you can see I am a deep believer in the Oxford Comma. The comma goes after and, no matter what you say! I also have a real deep fascination with World War II. The Book Thief, anyone?

DFTBA!

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I know I'm the only one commenting on your blog posts...but whatever. I wanted to introduce myself to you, I'm Rachel. So, your other follower and I were thinking of starting a collab blog. I don't even know what about, but we could figure that out later. Would you be interested in doing it with us? I hope you are, because that would make the blog like a gazillion times better! You can go to my profile and then email me if you want to. Thanks Gwin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would be interested... just tell me when you figure out what it will be about, and I will be happy to oblige! Hey, how did you find me anyway? Was it through Sheridyn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I did. I followed her blog and I saw that you were following her, so I decided to check out your blog as well. And I'll let you know when we get everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vlogbrothers changed my life, too. I actually found them through Alex Day, because I began to watch Alex's Twilight series. Now I'm fully immersed in the Nerdfighteria vlog community and I'm never going to be the same. =]

    I have to agree with your friend, though, because The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy is my favourite book of all time... though Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns come close. ;]

    ReplyDelete